Thursday, January 27, 2011

♫ If God doesn’t live in Colorado ♪…




What a beautiful day here in northern Colorado this 27th day of January, 2011. Our temperature hit 60 degrees and the sun shone brightly all day. I'm told the local golf courses were crowded and I'll bet lots of people played hookey from work. I worked (if you can call it that) in the yard, raking cottonwood leaves and moving them by wheelbarrow into the garden. Beneath the leaves I found new green shoots of weeds and perennials which fueled my spring fever but probably exposed those tender shoots to upcoming freezing temperatures and drying winds.


One of the many things I love about Colorado is having these spring-like days in midwinter. It boosts my spirits like nothing else. I'm drawing a layout for a garden shed that we might build inside the garden walls later in the spring. And Bob used his long pry bar to poke drainage holes in the bottoms of the stock tanks we moved to the garden and will plant with vegetables in a few short weeks. Tomorrow will be even nicer but I'm going to spend the day with a friend and may not have time for the yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment